We’d like to say CONGRATULATIONS First Lady Michelle Obama!
She recently won a Presidential Cookie Bake-Off with Family Circle against Ann Romney. It was a close, but First Lady Michelle Obama won!!!
She baked a White & Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie and Mrs. Romney baked an M&M Cookie.
Family Circle readers casted their votes!!!! I can attest that First Ladies cookies were GLAM-GOOD because I MADE SOME MYSELF!!!! Anyone who knows my family knows WE ADORE BAKED GOODS!!!! lol
Here’s the award winning recipe try it! YOU’LL LOVE IT!!! …and be sure to cast your vote on November 6th!!!
Makes 5 dozen cookies
Prep: 15 minutes
Bake at 375° for 12 minutes per batch
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsaltedbutter, softened
1 stick Crisco butter-flavored solid vegetable shortening
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup each white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips and mint chocolate chips (or Andes mint pieces)
2 cups chopped walnuts
1. Heat oven to 375°.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter, vegetable shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
3. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. On low speed, beat in flour mixture. By hand, stir in white and milk chocolate chips, mint chips and walnuts.
5. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto un-greased baking sheets.
6. Bake at 375° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.